The end of any venture always seems so far away when your just starting but when it’s in it’s final phase it seems it happened so quick. And thus the end of the trimester is finally here and I thought it appropriate to compile a collage of all the work I committed to during the trimester into one blog post.
289,148 poly’s for the HI
3,242 poly’s for the LOW
What have I learned this trimester?
- A great deal more processes ie. compositing, rigging, animation, modular assets
- Reference is your friend
- soft practice vs hard practice
- Reality is often a bitter pill (expected skills vs actual skills, expected schedule vs actual schedule, expected product vs actual product)
What have I learned about my own practice during the trimester?
- Group work pushes me harder
- Not to push myself too hard
- My biggest weakness is being disheartened by not living up to my own expectations.
- Putting myself out there and thinking about my professional public portfolio is a double edged sword
What do I plan to improve upon next trimester?
- My public image
- Broadening my modelling expertise into environments